On 5/5/2010 10:25 AM, David Weintraub wrote:

* Don't store binary files in Subversion -- especially big ones that
change a lot. Use a Release Repository or a Build Server to store
binaries. We use Nexus and Hudson.

Side question on this topic: do you have a generic way to map the binaries generated by certain Hudson builds to the matching subversion branch/tags? We are currently checking a lot of binaries back in just to manage the revisions. I'd like to let Hudson do continuous integration builds on the trunks of projects with the artifacts stored in its normal 'build numbered' rolling directories, but also have a scheme where a successful build can be promoted, making a branch or tag copy in svn, then have the results from those builds archived permanently at filesystem location related to the subversion path name. Hudson has some plugins for promotion and publishing artifacts but I haven't seen anything tied this closely to subversion.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikes...@gmail.com