On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Edward Ned Harvey <s...@nedharvey.com> wrote:
> I have tried everything I can think of, and I can't seem to get svn to build
> with the zlib that comes with it.  It's always linking against
> /usr/lib64/zlib.

Why do you want to? Compiling libraries internally for specific
applicatons is begging for version skew issues,and difficulties in
providing feature fixes for components: any upgrades to zlib would
force you to recompile Subversion. While local libraries are sometimes
needed because the system component is incompatible (such as some of
the historical SQLite issues on RHEL for Subversion), it's rarely
desirable.