On 7/8/2010 1:25 PM, Itamar O wrote:
On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:07 PM, David Bartmess <dingod...@edingo.net <mailto:dingod...@edingo.net>> wrote:

    I've setup a local repository under C:\svn_repository\Test using
    "svnadmin create c:\svn_repository\Test", and want to access it
    via the command line svn.exe. The svnserve is setup as a Windows
    service, and I can see that it's started.

    The binpath in the service entry is
    "C:\Program Files\CollabNet\Subversion Server\svnserve.exe"
    --server -r "C:\svn_repository" -listen-port "3690"

the syntax seems incorrect.
I think the "--server" switch should be "--service",
That was a typo caused by me having to type it in from another machine for the email.
the argument for the -r switch needs to be a repository (e.g. "C:\svn_repository\Test"),
and the "--listen-port" switch is missing a "-".
Another typo on the --listen-port, but the -r is supposed to be a parent directory that I want to limit the svn access to, not necessarily a repository itself, according to the docs...

    The question is, what is the correct syntax for accessing the
    svnserve service to import a new project?

    I've tried the following with no success:
    svn import -m "Test import" . svn://dingo.home/Test
    svn: Unknown hostname 'dingo.home'
    svn import -m "Test import" . svn://localhost/Test
    svn: No repository found in 'svn://localhost/Test'

if you run svnserve as I explained above, you should be able to access the repository via http://localhost/ (drop the "Test").
I'm not using a web server, just svnserve. http://localhost/ wouldn't get me anywhere

maybe if you use the "--listen-host dingo.home" switch you will also be able to access svn://dingo.home/

--
"Dingo" Dave Bartmess
Broomfield, CO. USA