On 07/13/2010 05:15 AM, Stefan Sperling wrote:
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 05:57:24PM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
I don't know why the syntax was reversed: it really looks like an
entirely unnecessary parsing complication.

The new syntax looks more like 'svn checkout', so it's more natural
to use when you're already used to svn checkout.

I would change it like this:

I think we should discourage use of the old syntax in both the output
of svn help and in the book. Diff to the help text below.
Would this improve things?

Sounds good to me.

I think this last sentence starting with "The ambiguous format..." should go before 1.4 is mentioned because it is relevant to the 1.5 format.

Blair