Hi there,

this is in addition to my last post:

If i use
- svn:// protocol everything will be sent in plain text so this will have security issues -> not usable for me - svn+ssh:// protocol i need an account on the server for every person for two reasons: The authentication using ssh and to manage the file permissions of the repository. This could be avoided using certificates as i read in a howto. But this wouldn't integrate LDAP - https: protocal using an apache webserver i enable everybody to browse the repository using a webbrowser. Is that correct? Could this be avoided?

Does anybody see any alternatives to the three mentioned? Or a way to avoid the mentioned cons?

Best regards

Nils

Nils Wilhelm wrote:
Hi there,

i need your help getting an overview and configuring a subversion server. What i have to do is setting up a subversion server using ldap and ssh. After reading some theory about it i'm totally confused :-) So i hope you can help me with that.

What i have: A suse server with a working ssh connection, nothing else, i.e. all other ports are closed.

What my boss wants: The server should be accessed using ssh because of security issues and the authentication (for subversion) should be managed by ldap (other apps will use lpad either). Svnserv should be used instead of a apache webserver extension. Round about 20 persons should have access to subversion but should not be able to open a ssh shell connection to the server. Is that possible? I hope anybody can give me an overview.

Best regards

Nils