On Sep 8, 2010, at 04:53, Giulio Troccoli wrote:

>> Also the /Users folder perms is:
>>      drwxr-xr-x   6 root  admin       204 18 Aug 10:03 Users
>
> Now, there's your answer. The user that runs theweb server, _www, has
> permission to access /Users only becuase of the others permissions ______r-x.
>
> You could change the ownership of /Users to _www but I guess the /Users
> contains also the home directories of your users so this woldn't be
> acceptable.
>
> Why don't you create a directory directly under / owned by _www and access by
> _www only, for example
>
> mkdir /repos
> chown _www /repos
> chmod 700 /repos
> cp -R /Users/Svn /repos
>
> Check that the permission of /repos/Svn are still correct and then amend your
> web server configuration file so that the repository points to /repos/Svn and
> not /Users/Svn

Or consider using the existing web server hierarchy Apple already established.
There's already /Library/WebServer/Documents (the document root) and
/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables (the cgi-bin); consider storing your
repositories in /Library/WebServer/Subversion (there are some Google hits for
this so someone else thought of this before).