Le 08/10/2010 14:54, Andy Levy a écrit :
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 08:09, Nico Kadel-Garcia<nka...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Also note: both the 'svn' and 'http' access send the passwords ovder
the network in clear text. There are ways around this (such as SSH or
SSL tunneling), but they're pesky to set up. Fortunately, "https"
already has that built in.
HTTP Digest Authentication does not send the password in cleartext, it
sends an MD5 hash. Yes, the hash is sent in cleartext, but that is not
exactly the same as sending the *password* in cleartext.

If you configure your svnserve to use SASL, it can use several methods
of encryption for authentication.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.serverconfig.svnserve.html#svn.serverconfig.svnserve.sasl

I understand that you're very concerned with security shortcomings,
but you're leaving out important details that may make the system
appear less secure than it really can be with proper configuration.

After all, I think I might consider svn+ssh for large scale svn unix command line acces.
here's the scenario,
1) I set and manage all repositories with a unique local unix account (for example username svn !), that account issues all "svn create" and owns the repos filesystem directories 2) enable the server to resolve ldapusers (pam & nss ldap), so that the --tunnel-user=ldapusername option (see 3 below) works. 3) then add ldap users public ssh keys to the authorized_keys of that unique svn manager account as in :
"command="svnserve -t --tunnel-user=ldapusername"ssh_rsa KEYXXXXX COMMENT"
4) write a script / web GUI that enable users to push their key in the ~svn/.ssh/authorized_key 5) copy a centraly managed authz file in every repos/conf/authz file, if I understand well svnserve there's no such AuthzSVNAccessFile central authz directive as in apache DAV svn !?

Does this scenario make sense ?
I agree step 4 will take some time ...

thanks for you remarks .