Hi,

We always do merges from the root of the repository. When these merges are done
svn always marks up the mergeinfo on all first level files and folders as well
as the root folder itself. Is this working as intended? We have had a practice
for quite a while, dating back to buggy releases where we periodically delete
all mergeinfo except for the root of the repository. I'm wondering whether I
should amend the script to leave the first level files and folders intact as it
seems that it is impossible to reintegrate a branch without these files and
folders having the same mergeinfo as the root of the repository and in the past
I have had to patch in the mergeinfo to get reintegrate to work.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Cheers,
James