Hi,

We're running Subversion 1.6.12 on a Solaris 10 machine and hosting
repositories on it. Users can create and use repositories via svnadmin and svn
locally on the Solaris machine via file:///<file:///\\>, or they can check in
and out via TortoiseSVN 1.6.8 on their PC via the http:///<http://> protocol,
with LDAP verification.

For a while this worked flawlessly, but then the machines were reconfigured and
we can't get it to work. We can either create and use the repositories locally
but not through Tortoise (we get the permission denied on txn-current-lock
error) or we can use Tortoise but then not check in locally (failed due to
attempt to write a readonly database).

We've read the help on Supporting Multiple Repository Access Methods at
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.serverconfig.multimethod.html and have
tried those steps, though we're not sure what user should initially own the
repository (webservd, daemon?).

If anyone could point to us to further online docs or pointers we'd appreciate
it!

matthew