On 10/29/2010 12:10 PM, Luiz Guilherme Kimel wrote:
Let me try explain it better...

Let's say I just built the first version of an application, so I don't
currently have any branch, just the trunk where a small team of developers
were working until now. Our last build was tagged as 1.0.0.54 meaning it's
our 54 build of the 1.0 version. The QA team approved this build and it
becomes our first release of the software. Tag 1.0.0.54 is our baseline
which is equal to our trunk at that moment.

Now we have two new modules to develop in parallel. The team will receive
more people to speed up next releases, so we decided to start working with
branches. Two new branches are created: /branches/1.1a and /branches/1.1b.
Trunk is locked. Only reading is allowed. Developers are allowed to write
only on branches.

What do you gain by making 2 branches instead of continuing one line of development on the trunk and the one that would be disruptive to it on a branch?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikes...@gmail.com