On Nov 8, 2010, at 01:50, Rajnish Kumar Singh wrote:

> I have to copy the entire repository to a new server with revision history.
>
> According to my knowledge there are 2 ways:
> 1)      We can use svnadmin dump command to create the dump and again reload
> it by svnadmin load.

Yes, this is a good method that many people use. Note that there are several
possibilities, from dumping the entire repository, to just dumping selected
revisions, and either dumping each revision's contents in its entirety or
incrementally using deltas.

> 2)      Or else can I copy the entire repository from the SVN server( located
> at D:\repositories\OR1221) and save it on other location. And after sometime
> if I want the repository again then I will place it back to the SVN server.
> So will it give the same results (i.e with complete revision).

Instead of copying the repository manually, you should use "svnadmin hotcopy";
it will do so in the correct order that will yield a consistent valid
repository.

A third option is to use svnsync.

svnsync and using dump and load will not copy the repository configuration
files or hook scripts or preserve locks. I believe a hotcopy will preserve
those. You may want to test all three methods to see which is right for you.