On Nov 10, 2010, at 14:05, Klaus Ganser wrote:

> It would be absurd if the command to generate a
> view of this one path took as long as the command to view the history
> of the entire repository.  I'm saying that this is a valid use-case
> that the svn cli does not currently satisfy, but one which it could
> easily satisfy because it stores all the necessary information.

Are you sure? I think what the others are trying to tell you is that the
repository does not store this information, so there is not a way that any
client could return this information to you without doing an exhaustive search.

Alternately, you could construct a database that you maintain parallel to the
repository, containing any information you would need to answer whatever
queries you find important. You would keep this database updated in a
post-commit hook, for example.