I realize this is not directly related to SVN itself; however, I am hoping this community may have some suggestions. If there is a more appropriate forum I should be engaging, please let me know.

We have a repo with over 125 GB of data, containing everything from source code to requirements documents, etc. The repo is accessible via https. We'd like to be able to search the contents of the repo. A use case may be taking a phrase of interest, some text, and finding occurrences within the repo where this text resides (ie, within the actual source code or documents).

I have considered pointing something like a search appliance at the https interface and letting it crawl/spider/index the data. That could be one option.

And yes, one could checkout/update the repo to search it, but at 125 GB and growing that is a cumbersome approach to do many client-side searches.

Would anyone have any other options?  Has anyone done something similar?

Thank you,
Brian