On 08.02.2011 15:34, Andy Levy wrote:
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 07:53, Harald Karner<harald.kar...@gmx.net>  wrote:
Hi!

when I do a svn status -u I get the following result:

$ svn status -u test.txt dir1/
M       *      210   test.txt
Status against revision:    213
        *      212   dir1
Status against revision:    213

but when I add --depth empty I get this:

$ svn status -u --depth empty test.txt dir1/
Status against revision:    213
        *      212   dir1
Status against revision:    213

Is this a bug, that the modifications for test.txt are not displayed or is
it intended behaviour?

Seems like intended behavior to me. You've asked for the status of a
WC without consideration of its child items (--depth empty)

I have asked for the status of test.txt and dir1/ without consideration of child items. Of course a --depth parameter does not make much sense for files, but I think the current behaviour is at least misleading. Especially because svn update behaves different:

$ svn update --depth empty test.txt dir1/
G    test.txt
Updated to revision 213.
 U   dir1
Updated to revision 213.

So, if it is "wrong" to return the status for a file with --depth empty, why does "svn update" update the file with --depth empty given?

If this is on purpose, what is the proper way to retrieve the status of a
mixed list of files and directories?

In what way does your first command not achieve this result?

The first command would also return the status of the files and subdirectories of dir1/. I'm trying to get the status for exactly those (and only those) files and directories that I pass as to svn status as command line arguments, i.e. I don't want the status of subdirectories or files in folders.