Hi all,

My development group uses quite a bit of branching. I'm trying to train folks
to delete a task branch once it is integrated and create a new one for the next
task. Of course the svnbook gives the recipe for "Keeping a reintegrated branch
alive", by using a record-only merge to block the integrated revision from
being merged back to the task branch later on. (when sync-ing up the branch)

It has always seemed to me that that is risky. If there were changes in the
re-integration merge for conflict resolution, etc, then those changes are also
being blocked from being merged back to the (kept-alive) task branch. Future
changes on the task branch don't include those fixes and future re-integrations
could potentially even over-write them (since the mergeinfo data says we're all
up-to-date with respect to that prior revision).

I hope that description is not too abstract. Am I worrying about a non-existent
problem, or is there really potential to drop a change that should have gotten
merged forward?

I know we can always go back in history and find the change, but I'd rather set
up our branch/merge process to be as correct as possible and not rely on
testing to find that we dropped bit of code.

TIA,
-Steve