On Feb 26, 2011, at 16:18, Nate wrote:

> Steps to reproduce:
> 1) created a new repo in /opt/svnrepo using the following command: svnadmin
> create myproject
> 2) Next I checked out the client on my workstation (I've tried it on a Mac
> and a Linux Centos 5.5 system)
> svn co https://myserver.whatever.com/repopath/reponame reponame
> 3) cd reponame
> 4) I copied the mason files (autohandler, dbhandler) and the other .html
> files into the reponame from the server
> 5) svn ci
>
> Here's what I keep getting and I haven't found any way around it (for those
> who say: Just Google it, I invite you to find me solution that actually
> works, most haven't!)
> Adding         autohandler
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: Server sent unexpected return value (500 Internal Server Error) in
> response to PROPFIND request for
> '/repos/acutrans/!svn/wrk/123df6d8-1458-42ca-bb69-a1f438f3ee78/autohandler'
> svn: Server sent unexpected return value (500 Internal Server Error) in
> response to PROPFIND request for '/repos/acutrans/autohandler'
> svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
> svn:    '/home/nathanb/acutrans/svn-commit.3.tmp'
>
> This keeps happening over and over on the same file.  It does the same thing
> to .mas files as well.

I am guessing there is some kind of global rule in your Apache configuration
file, or an applicable .htaccess file, that has a rule that is causing this
problem. (A rule probably meant for some entirely other purpose, but which is
also having an effect for your Subversion commits.) See for example previous
messages on this list like:

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-07/0944.shtml