On Monday 28 February 2011 20:31:22 Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2011, at 13:27, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> > I am just asked if it is possible to put the changes of MySQL
> > databases in svn. I could of-course export the table definitions and
> > store those in svn. I was just wondering if there is a better way?
>
> If you're looking for something automated, that's probably a pretty
> complicated topic.
>
> Whenever I change my MySQL database, I do then manually run a script that
> saves the schema to a file, then I commit that file to my Subversion
> repository. I try to limit myself to one database change at a time, so
> that I can write reasonable commit messages.

I am wondering the same thing, how to automate database backup. There is a
tool in Linux for automatic database backup, but it seems quite buggy. I have
been able to backup my databases using a bash script and a pre commit hook
could be the next thing to do, but still no automation there.

regards
--
Bogdan Cristea
http://cristeab.googlepages.com