On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:14, Cecil Westerhof <ce...@decebal.nl> wrote:
> I am asked to implement a repository system for a client. When looking
> at the version, I see:
>    svnserve, version 1.5.1 (r32289)
>       compiled Mar  1 2011, 17:20:34
>
> I find this a bit strange. Only three weeks ago compiled, but still on
> 1.5.1.

Perhaps they compiled from old source?

>  Should I ask them to upgrade, or is that not very important?

If you're doing a brand-new installation, I can't see any reason to
use such an old release. At a minimum, you should be running the
latest in the 1.5 series, but 1.6.x would be even better. There have
been several security fixes since 1.5.1, not to mention all the usual
bug fixes and in the case of 1.6, new features. When 1.7 is released
(no date set), support for 1.5 will cease.