If you are merging everything in there is no need to worry. That is the point of merge tracking. It will determine what has yet to be merged and select the correct revisions.

Here is how we have our repo set up... rather than using trunk. We find it makes things easier.

We basically "branch" when we start on a new release version. So we have something like this:

1.0.0------------
           \
            \
                       \
                        \

We release from the version path (branch). Any hotfixes for that version are done on that branch. Then they are merged forward "up" version. So we merge a change made on the 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 then to 1.0.2 and forward. We "try" to only have our current release (1.0.1) and one back (1.0.0) in maintenance and then the in dev version (1.0.2). Of course, you always have that one client that doesn't want to upgrade and sales/support insists we do a fix... but we still just merge it up versions until it is merged into the unreleased dev version.

BOb

This seems to describe my scenario quite well. What command do I use to merge. Also, how is your development tree structured. I would think that 1.0.2 would be the trunk in this scenario, but you don't have it drawn that way.

Daniel