Uwe Schuster wrote:
Stefan Sperling wrote:
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 02:02:08AM +0200, Uwe Schuster wrote:
Stefan Sperling wrote:

1. Performance

Can you set
   http-library=neon
in the '[global]' section of your 'servers' configuration file
and see if that helps?

The checkout finishes within 2minutes for me (with neon, on OpenBSD,
16mbit/s downstream).

Yes this helps very much!

39 seconds and 6,82 MB instead of 30 min 27 s and 55,70 MB

Right. So this is an issue with serf.
None of the existing serf issues seem to match, though.

Is there anything special about your setup, such as connecting through a
proxy?

No, there is no proxy involved and there shouldn't be anything special with my setup. On the PC a personal firewall (Comodo) is running and the PC is connected over a Gigabit switch to a T-Com router with DSL modem (SP 700). I did run the tests with TSVN 1.6 an 1.7 on the same machine (they are installed in parallel).

Well, you don't have a proxy installed, but connecting to a SourceForge hosted server is guaranteed to go through a proxy because they use it as a means of load balancing. It's transparent to the end user, but maybe not to the libraries