On Jun 25, 2011, at 20:45, davmar wrote:

> Yes, as I expected this is turning into a mess for someone who is unfamiliar
> with Apache2 and
> Subversion.  Doesn't seem to be as easy as outlined above.
> I did follow the instructions listed but nothing really seems to be
> happening.
>
> ps -aef returns:
>
> 0 61079     1   0   0:00.01 ??         0:00.01 /opt/local/bin/daemondo
> --label=apache2 --start-cmd
> /opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2/apache2.wrapper start ;
> --stop-cmd /opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2/apache2.wrapper
> stop ; --restart-cmd
> /opt/local/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2/apache2.wrapper restart ;
> --pid=none
>
> That is about all I can tell you.
>
> Appreciate the help I received.
>
> Was wondering if anyone can pickup from here.

Ok, so it looks like you're trying to switch over to using MacPorts for
apache2, and that its daemondo wrapper is running. The macports-users may be a
better mailing list to discuss this, as we're verging into off-topicness for
the subversion users list, but I'll give it a quick go. Have you already
stopped Apple's Apache 2 server using their GUI? Is MacPorts httpd itself also
running? If not, that suggests there may be a problem with your httpd.conf. You
could use /opt/local/apache2/bin/apachectl -t to run a syntax check on it. Or
consult the logfiles in /opt/local/apache2/logs/ and see if there are any
messages that look important.