On Jul 7, 2011, at 04:14, Vitus Piroutz wrote:

> issue # 2464 "Canonicalize / stringprep UTF-8 filenames to handle composed /
> decomposed differences shown by e.g. Mac OS X HFS+".

There are unofficial / incomplete patches that attempt to provide at least a
partial solution to this. For example, you could install Subversion with
MacPorts [1] using the +unicode_path variant:

sudo port install subversion +unicode_path

I have used Subversion on my Mac successfully for over 6 years but do not use
filenames with non-ASCII characters so I do not know how well this patch works.
I also don't know if Versions can use the Subversion that is installed by
MacPorts or whether it has its own internal copies of the Subversion libraries.

[1] http://www.macports.org/