We are running svnserve on a Mac OS X.

I can not get the subversion server to control access. I executed the server by this command: * /usr/bin/svnserve --daemon --root=/var/svn --config-file=/var/svn/config/svnserve.conf*
As long as file /var/svn/config/svnserve.conf contains the original line:
*    # anon-access = read*
this command works:
*    svn info svn://localhost/sample*
Of COURSE I don't want random hackers to have read access to my source code !!!!!
As soon as that line is changed to
*    anon-access = none*
the error message comes back:
*    svn: No access allowed to this repository*

(By the way, I originally changed the "#" to a space and got an error on that line. Apparently the keyword MUST start in the first column.)

I have added this line to 'passwd' -
*    andy = canfield*
I have added these lines to 'authz' -
*    [/sample]
    andy = rw*
The documentation for 'svn' says that if you don't give a user name and password you will be prompted for them. I have never under an circumstances been prompted. Even this command fails with the same error message:
*    svn info --username=andy --password=canfield svn://localhost/sample*