On 7/19/11 9:30 PM, Andy Canfield wrote:

For example, I am on a Linux box named Lenny, logged in as 'andy'. I can ssh to
hk.pimco.mobi as user 'andy', password 'psuedo'. But I don't want to. Instead, I
would like to run the command:
svn ... http://hk.pimco.mobi/svn/RepoName --username=andy --password=psuedo
I would expect this to work, with svnserver on hk.pimco.mobi having been run at
boot time and /var/svn/RepoName being a valid Subversion repository. This
requires that svnserve be pointed to a svnserve.conf file which validates users
based on their standard *nix login names and passwords.

If you are going to use an 'http://url' then you have to be running an apache with mod_dav_svn at the respository, not svnserve. Apache has a whole different set of authentication concepts - some of which might mesh better with what you want to do, and especially so if you have other web services where you'll use the same accounts. You can make svnserve do it, but you need to maintain separate plain-text copy of the password.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikes...@gmail.com