2011/7/21 Daniel Neuberger <daniel.neuber...@gmail.com>:
> In short, we have a repository owned by one user that is accessed by
> tunneling over ssh to other user accounts.

Can't comment on this.

> The hooks work fine though if I ssh to the user account that owns the
> repository rather than another user account (we can't operate that way
> though).

> All the scripts are bash scripts.  All systems are RHEL 5.5 using svn 1.4.

The scripts have execute permissions for those other users?

Maybe svn cannot find bash to execute those scripts? Consider what
happens when you run with empty PATH.  One known example is the tasks
run by cron.

Have you looked into system-wide logs (for issues like SELinux warnings)?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko