I am having a problem with AuthzSVNAccessFile.

Consider the case where I have two repositories, R1 and R2 Some users are authorized to examine R1 by going to
    http://example.com/svn/R1
Other users are authorized to examine R2 by going to
    http://example.com/svn/R2
But everyone should be able to see the list of repositories by going to
    http://example.com/svn

I can't get that to work. I am having a problem with the mod_dav_svn.conf command:
    AuthzSVNAccessFile /Subversion/conf/authz
If I have AuthzSVNAccessFile turned off (commented out), then all users can see the contents of all repositories. But if I have AuthzSVNAccssFile turned on, then nobody is authorized to see the list of repositories via "http://example.com/svn"; because I can't figure out how to set authz to give read access to the repository collection but limited access to the individual repositories. Here is my closest guess for authz -
    [groups]
    everyone = andy,fred
    [/]
    @everyone = r
    [subdoc:/]
    andy = rw
The "[/]" section is the part that is incorrect. How can I give everyone read access to "http:///example.com/svn"; without giving them read access to "http://example.com/svn/subdoc"; ? Indeed, it seems as if the instant I turn on AuthzSVNAccessFile nobody can read "http://example.com/svn"; at all.

Thank you for your patience.