On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Bob Archer <bob.arc...@amsi.com> wrote:
>

>> > Until you manually copy over the $repodir/db/uuid file, this is true.
>> > That's one of the "relevant configuraton files" I referred to.
>>
>> So, are you saying svnsync will be faster than a dump/load?
>>
>> I didn't know the guid was stored in a file.
>>

> svnsync is slower than dump/load.  I think the issue is that you can keep
> the old repository online during the process and switch when you are ready.

But there's no difference in running 'checkout' repeatedly, svnsync or
svnadmin dump; all methods can be used concurrently and don't require taking
down the repository. Of course, running during the weekend may help mitigate
the performance effect it may have on users if you start claiming large
amounts of CPU from your server.

Bye,

Erik.