On 13.10.2011 15:42, Stefan Sperling wrote:
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 03:37:36PM +0400, Andrey Paramonov wrote:
On 13.10.2011 15:24, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
No, it's a feature, showing that those lines are new in the
locally-modified version.  You can do
% svn blame file@BASE
for the old behaviour.

The new intended behavior seems very reasonable. However, the
observed behavior is clearly a bug: I get "- -" for all lines, not
just locally modified ones.

I cannot reproduce this problem. 'svn blame' works fine for me in
the case you describe.

Maybe you (or your editor) changed all line endings in the file when
you modified it? That would explain what you are seeing.

No, it's not the case here. I can modify only 1 character (byte) to reproduce the bug.

I believe Subversion can automagically translate line ending sequences when transferring data to and from server. I use Windows, so I have CRLF sequences at the ends of the lines in my working copy. The question is: what is the EOL sequence on the server? And can it be that during blame svn client checks for local modifications too early, before line ending sequences are converted to locally sensible value?

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 01:42:08PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> Also, did you check what 'svn diff' reports?
> Does it show every line as modified?

No it doesn't.

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov