Today I've tested this on a (almost) clean Win7 installation I had without problems. I did first a clean install to C:\Test\Subversion... APR_ICONV_PATH was set correctly. I also did a install of first 1.6.17 to C:\Program Files\Subversion and then an "upgrade" to 1.7.1 to C:\Test\Subversion and the only traces of the 1.6.17 install was some licence files and in the PATH environment variable.APR_ICONV_PATH was correct this time too.

I noted that APR_ICONV_PATH is set as User environment variable, maybe you did previous installs for another user and that users variable had the value from this install ? I don't know why it's set just for current user. I didn't create the install scripts, just using them and making necessary modifications. Maybe I should change this for upcoming releases.

It could also be that you used the very old exe-installer from Tigris. This one (from what I found in the source code in the repository) did set APR_ICONV_PATH for both current user and for system.

You can check the environment variables in the registry by running regedit as administrator.
For the users the path is HKEY_USERS\<userid>\Environement

and for all users HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment||

/David

ps. Please use "Reply to all" so subsequent mail is also sent to the list for others to follow and search for solutions.

On 2011-11-23 23:36, Humberto Madeira wrote:
Hi David,

I actually had 2 installs, one was 1.7.0 and the other was 1.7.1

Both previously had Subversion 1.6.x and Python 2.5.x on them, installed on the default path.

I had recently decided that since I put all my Apache products under c:\Apache now that Subversion also qualifies as Apache, I should move it under the Apache tree, so to speak.

I made both changes on the 1.7.0 box a couple of weeks ago, (updating from 1.6.x) ran into this problem,
didn't write it down (too busy) and left that one working.

Then I made the change on the new 1.7.1 this week and ran into the same problems (thinking I had set the path properly) So I ran into the same wild goose chase again until I decided to compare the fully working one to the partly working one.

On older versions I just accepted the default path.

Regards,
--Bert

*s...@alagazam.net*

23/11/2011 05:05 PM

        Humberto Madeira <humberto.made...@trapezegroup.com>
cc
        users@subversion.apache.org
Subject
        Re: Bug: Subversion Windows installer not setting paths correctly