On Dec 06, 2011, at 19:33 , Daniel Becroft wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're testing upgrading our SVN repositories to 1.7 format, and have noticed
> something a bit strange.
>
> In Jenkins (1.441), I can set the SVN URL to checkout from, and it validates
> whether it is correct. With a 1.7 repository, however, it doesn't seem to
> validate correctly (error is "/trunk/foo doesn't exist in the repository").
> I'm not sure exactly what command it is using to connect/validate, but from
> the svnserve logs, I can see the following:
>
> <snip>
>
> The 1.7 repositories were created with svnadmin create/svnsync, rather than a
> dump/load cycle.
>
> Using the same version of Jenkins (and SVN client), it seems that the
> check-path lines are incorrect for 1.7 (it's doubling up). I can successfully
> checkout the repositories from both servers.
>
> We've also noticed some similar messages appearing with Subclipse, but these
> appear to be sporadic.
>
> Any ideas?

This has been fixed in SVNKit 1.3.7, but not rolled up into the Jenkins
Subversion plugin as of yet.  The SVNKit issue
(http://issues.tmatesoft.com/issue/SVNKIT-153) was spawned from this svn-dev
discussion with the details --
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.subversion.devel/132476.

For my jenkins + svn usage, I was able to back down to 1.6 for now.  I imagine
it will not take too long to get this rolled up through Jenkins into the
Subversion plugin, tracked in
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-11933.