On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 3:55 AM,  <d.guthm...@gmx.net> wrote:
> I think the reason is somewhere at the connection-specific configuration of
> apache in interaction with the behaviour of the subversion-client (which may
> has also connection-options...?).
>
> I suspect the KeepAlive-Handing... it seems that the subversion-client closes
> its connection between checking the different "externals" (which are on the
> same server) and the server keeps the connection opened and waits for further
> data. Until the connection is finally closed by timeout the server does NOT
> handle the request regarding the next "external".
>
> I don't have a clue why the server simply isn't accepting a second connection
> for the same client while the first connection is waiting for its timeout...
> I think one of the following options can affect this behaviour, but I'm still
> searching for an option which sounds like "ConnectionsPerClient":
> MaxRequestsPerChild
> KeepAliveTimeout
>
> Note: We are using a https-Connection.

I don't think apache has any connections-per-client restriction as
long as you have available children to accept them.   Are you sure
this isn't some more subtle delay on new connections, like being
configured for reverse-DNS lookups for logging and timing out on the
DNS request?  The proxy might be better at holding the connection with
keep-alives or maybe it is in an IP range where the reverse-lookup
either works or fails quickly with an icmp reject instead of a
timeout.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikes...@gmail.com