On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM, Gary Weinfurther <gweinfurt...@es3.net>wrote:

>  I have a team of about seven people, both on Macs and PCs.  Within the
> last couple of weeks, we have been experiencing frequent occurrences of
> lost changes.  Someone will commit a change and later we discover that the
> change has been reverted.  Everyone claims that they are updating before
> they work on files.  Even if this was not always true, the SVN clients
> should catch commits that were not on the most recent files, correct?

I heard the similar argument in one of my training classes, but let me
assure you Subversion does not allow to commit on older version of files,
so the problem is with way your team is working, what must be happening is
that the person trying to commit later would be getting out of date error
and than he must be updating and getting  conflict and he must be replacing
the file with his version and commiting it back, atleast this was the case
in the training which I was conducting, in such cases logs are your best
friend, go through the logs check the files on different revision if text
you can view the diff, if not you will have to manually review but you will
surely find the revision on which the previous commits changes were over
written by someone else.

Let us know how your review goes and findings.

****

--
Vishwajeet Singh
+91-9657702154 | dextrou...@gmail.com | http://bootstraptoday.com