On Apr 23, 2012, at 13:48, Madhav Mohan wrote:

> I have just started learning about the tools to start contributing to open
> source. I had installed svn through apt get in  ubuntu 10.04 but when I try
> to commit anything to the repository i get this error
>
> Error: Commit failed (details follow):
> Error: Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 1) with output:
>
> Please could anyone help me to resolve this.

Whatever repository you are committing to has installed a pre-commit hook
script that is preventing the commit for some reason. If the reason is not
clear from the error message, contact the administrator of that repository for
assistance, since only they know what they wrote in their pre-commit hook
script.