Hello Mark,

I did indeed have the "£" character in my new password, removing this has solved the problem and I can now acces the SVN repository again.
Many thanks for your very prompt help!

Steve

On 26/04/2012 12:02, Cooke, Mark wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Flowers [mailto:sflowe...@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 April 2012 11:56
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Tortoise SVN unable to authenticate password

Ever since I changed my password Tortoise SVN will not authenticate.
Even though I can browse the repository through a web browser
with the
new password fine, TSVN will not authenticate it. We use the "free"
version of Visual SVN server and TSVN 1.7.6.  SVN Server is accessed
through https.

I tried a re-install of TSVN.  I tried clearing the stored password
cache with no luck. Other users dont seem to have a problem
logging in on my machine, but I cannot log in on anyone elses.

Any idea?
Hello,

I have had a recent thread about such a problem (stretching back over the last
year):-

http://subversion.markmail.org/thread/q57ffzbhrdv6ydhp

My problem seems to be related to specific characters in the password being
mangled by subversion when being passed to the server that the browser manages
to pass fine.  So far I have positively identified the `£` character as an
issue.  Could this be your problem?  Can you change your password to something
as ASCII as possible and try again?

Hope this helps,

~ mark c