From: Stefan Sperling [s...@elego.de]
Sent: 26 June 2012 10:06
To: James French
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: moving files in repobrowser generates mergeinfo

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 09:47:06AM +0100, James French wrote:
> Thanks Stefan. I wish it didn't add that mergeinfo. Actually if mergeinfo was
> entirely internal I wouldn't care what it did (as long as it worked). Its all
> the checkin clutter that upsets me.

How much clutter do you have? If you're using 1.7 it shouldn't be all
that bad anymore, see
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7.html#subtree-mergeinfo-recording

Quite a lot has built up. We're not using 1.7 yet. I am doing preliminary
testing/upgrading scripts etc. I will also delete all non-root merge info. My
hope is to get to a situation where mergeinfo only exists on the root as we
always merge from the root. 1.7 will help things I am sure but it still seems
that mergeinfo will probably still creep in due to per-file merges to resolve
tree conflicts where people forget to check 'ignore ancestry', and through
repobrowser renaming. I am hoping 1.8 will resolve the first of these issues.