On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Marriott, Arthur
<arthur.marri...@uc4.com> wrote:
> Actually, since the incumbent platform was already doing nightly backups
> using "svnadmin dump", we created fresh repositories on the new machine and
> incorporated the data using "svnadmin load".  Admittedly there may have been
> a problem there--on several of the larger repositories, it was necessary to
> use the "--bypass-prop-validation" argument.  However, on our first "trial
> run" with this several months ago, the result seemed to work fine.

Then you didn't get the same file permissions and didn't import any
modified pre-commit, post-commit, or other such scripts. I suspect the
file permissions, especially if you did the "svnadmin load" as a root
user and didn't set "apache" write permissions for the repository
itself. Do some "ls --al" checks of the permissions on your old repo,
and review the Apache configurations or svnserve or svn+ssh settings,
however you provide access.