On Aug 7, 2012, at 04:00, Subodh Singh wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Aug 6, 2012, at 01:28, Subodh Singh wrote:
>>
>>> I am new  to SVN Repository. I need help to stop deletion of
>> files/directory from Repo Browser, so that user can't commit if any delete
>> operation is occurred. I can get this information using svnlook but after
>> commit. I need to catch any delete action before commit. I tried it using
>> svn hooks but not able to do so. Please guide me.
>>
>> It should definitely be possible to write a pre-commit hook to do this.
>
> Dear Ryan,
>
> Thanks for reply. Problem is that I tried it to do with svn pre-commit hook
> but not able to catch delete action. If you have any script for this then
> kindly send it to me.

I'm sorry, I don't have time to write this script for you, but it should be
easy to write. You'll use "svnlook changed -t" to inspect the incoming
transaction, and look for any lines of output starting with "D" meaning
"deleted".

Remember to use Reply All so that the conversation stays on the mailing list
and can benefit everyone.