Geoff,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried the things you've suggested and already read
through the stack overflow posts you listed, but I looked at them all again.

One of the comments to the last post mentioned antivirus software, which got me
thinking. Among other things I uninstalled my VPN software and boom, it works
now. Apparently, it was filtering out http traffic from the svn client, even
though I was connected via VPN.

Weird, weird, weird, weird.

Anyway, thanks.

Conan.