Hello.

I setup some directory and file externs to prune the boost C++ library tree for
our projects.

Like this:

http://repo/boost/boost_dir/     boost/boost_dir/
http://repo/boost/boostfile.cpp  boost/boost_file.cpp

(only a lot more complicated)

That is, I used directory externals to create the boost/subdirectories from the
boost tree in the working copy, and the file externals to pepper the top-level
boost files into boost/.

Worked great in my 1.7.0 client with new working copy format. Told all my
co-workers to "come and get it!" Said co-workers are using various 1.6.x
clients, BUT, while they got the directory externs they got NONE of the file
externs. (In the case of 1.6.11 -- I think -- it complained the top-level boost
external was "not a working copy.")

I guess I want to know WTF? -- since the docs say file externs are supported in
1.6 and up. Was this sort of nesting broken originally? If so, when was it
fixed? Or is it because I am using the new 1.7 working copy format things are
good for me?

Thanks

-- Ward