On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Philip Martin
<philip.mar...@wandisco.com>wrote:

> I could not get this to happen on Linux. Are you using the same path in
>  the checkout and status commands? Can you provide a complete recipe?
> Something to do with drive letters, or case differences perhaps?

I am using WindowsXP - the svn binaries came from TortoiseSVN.  I've
attached the batch file script which can reproduce this, as well as
transcripts from a machine with svn 1.7.x and another with 1.8.0 for
comparison.  My reported snag is the 6th line of the XML output, where the
two differing results are:

1.7.x path="C:\testing\bug-test">
1.8.0 path="..\..\..\bug-test">

Hope this helps,
Alex

--
Alexander Haley, Computer Scientist, 781-774-5156
Medical Information Technology, Inc.

Copyright (C) 2013 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people;
see the NOTICE file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - with Cyrus SASL authentication
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using serf.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme

C:\testing>svn checkout --depth empty
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk bug-test
 U   bug-test
Checked out revision 1503507.

C:\testing>set cwd=C:\testing

C:\testing>mkdir funky

C:\testing>cd funky

C:\testing\funky>mkdir path

C:\testing\funky>cd path

C:\testing\funky\path>mkdir issue

C:\testing\funky\path>cd issue

C:\testing\funky\path\issue>svn --xml --verbose status C:\testing\bug-test
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<status>
<target
   path="C:\testing\bug-test">
<entry
   path="..\..\..\bug-test">
<wc-status
   props="normal"
   item="normal"
   revision="1503507">
<commit
   revision="1503318">
<author>ivan</author>
<date>2013-07-15T16:05:27.678477Z</date>
</commit>
</wc-status>
</entry>
</target>
</status>

C:\testing\funky\path\issue>cd ..

C:\testing\funky\path>rmdir issue

C:\testing\funky\path>cd ..

C:\testing\funky>rmdir path

C:\testing\funky>cd ..

C:\testing>rmdir funky

C:\testing>rmdir /s /q bug-test

C:\testing>echo DONE
DONE
C:\testing>svn --version
svn, version 1.7.10 (r1485443)
   compiled Jun  1 2013, 07:40:50

Copyright (C) 2013 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people; see the NOTICE
file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using Neon.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
[...]

   props="normal">
<commit
   revision="1503318">
<author>ivan</author>
<date>2013-07-15T16:05:27.678477Z</date>
</commit>
</wc-status>
</entry>
</target>
</status>

C:\testing\funky\path\issue>cd ..

C:\testing\funky\path>rmdir issue

C:\testing\funky\path>cd ..

C:\testing\funky>rmdir path

C:\testing\funky>cd ..

C:\testing>rmdir funky

C:\testing>rmdir /s /q bug-test

C:\testing>echo DONE
DONE
svn --version
svn checkout --depth empty http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk
bug-test
set cwd=%cd%
mkdir funky
cd funky
mkdir path
cd path
mkdir issue
cd issue
svn --xml --verbose status %cwd%\bug-test
cd ..
rmdir issue
cd ..
rmdir path