Bob Archer <bob.arc...@amsi.com> wrote on 08/01/2013 09:02:32 AM:
> > We are using subversion 1.7 which is hosted in linux and apache
isbeing used
> > along with this.
> > The linux is very powerful but we are facing a major issue during the
SVN
> > operation from the windows system.
> > Windows system : Microsoft windows XP
> > 2.85 GB of Ram
> > tortoisesvn 1.7
> > Windows system is based in london and SVN server(linux system) is
located in
> > New york .When i checked the bandwidth using iperf from the windows
system
> > ,it is showing as 35.5MB .

35.5MB/s or 35.5Mb/s?  The first one would be a 284Mb/s connection between
London
and NY...

What is the latency between the client and server?  Latency can be a big
killer depending upon the authentication used.

> > So when i do a checkout of repository ,it get message at last saying .
> > 2200MBytes transfered at  143 mins.Which is very annoying.
> > According to bandwidth etc etc it should finish the checkout in few
mins.
> > May i know where is the bottleneck?

The total amount of data transferred shown by TortoiseSVN can sometimes
be quite misleading.  How big is the working copy that is created?

Kevin R.