On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 4:12 PM, John Maher <jo...@rotair.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ryan.  I learned a lot from your reply.  Namely the global-ignores are
> really local global-ignores and I have to copy the config file over to anyone
> who may import.

As of version 1.8 (for the svn client), there is a new feature called
"Repository Dictated Configuration" [1], which you can use to set a
global-ignores that will be applied by all standard 1.8 clients. It
works by setting an svn:global-ignores property on a directory in your
repository, which then applies to the entire subtree under that
directory.

However, I'm not sure if that feature applies to 'svn import' (because
it doesn't have a working copy). I guess someone will have to try it
:-).

[1]
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#repos-dictated-config

--