On Aug 31, 2013, at 05:29, Edoardo Pinci wrote:

> I periodically receive this kind of errors since a long time.
>
> X:\>svn commit -m "BLA BLA" itextsharp.dll iTextSharp.xml
> Sending        iTextSharp.xml
> Sending        itextsharp.dll
> Transmitting file data ..
> svn: E135000: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E135000: While preparing 'iTextSharp.xml' for commit
> svn: E135000: Inconsistent line ending style
> svn: E720032: Additional errors:
> svn: E720032: Transaction '1718-1ca' cleanup failed
> svn: E720032: Can't remove file 'Depot\db\txn-protorevs\1718-1ca.rev': The
> process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
>
> Question 1: Is there a way to have SVN normalize line ending on commit by
> itself?

It seems svn:eol-style is set on this file. If you set svn:eol-style on a file
(to any supported value), Subversion requires that the file have consistent
line endings before you commit it. You or your tools must do this; Subversion
will not.

If you do not set svn:eol-style, then Subversion does not check the line
endings and lets you commit whatever you want, so if for some reason you want
inconsistent line endings then that's how you can have that.

> Question 2: Why txn-protorevs aren’t being cleaned up properly?

I don't know what's going on there. Do you have any hook scripts? Maybe one of
them is programmed incorrectly.