On 12/4/2013 5:20 PM, Pat Haley wrote:

You can cause strace to write to a file with "-o myoutputfile"

So if you want to post I'd do:
strace -o myoutputfile -s 0 svnadmin verify
/home/phaley/Papers/2011/ArpitVel/SvnPaper

That line is complaining about a stale file handle:

fcntl(3, F_SETLK, {type=F_RDLCK, whence=SEEK_SET, start=1073741824, len=1}) = -1 ESTALE (Stale NFS file handle)
write(2, "svnadmin: disk I/O error\n", 25) = 25
write(2, "svnadmin: disk I/O error\n", 25) = 25
exit_group(1)                           = ?

From a couple of lines above it looks like the file it's
complaining about is
   /home/phaley/Papers/2011/ArpitVel/SvnPaper/db/rep-cache.db
however, I can use the "file" command successfully on that file

You say that the NAS server was rebooted. Were any of the machines accessing the NAS rebooted? "Stale file handle" looks like a problem within the server accessing the data, not the NAS. If you can't reboot, can you umount/mount the NAS from one of the affected machines and then try again on that machine?

--
    David Chapman      dcchap...@acm.org
    Chapman Consulting -- San Jose, CA