Adam Daughterson <adam.daughter...@dothill.com> writes:

> On 12/05/2013 10:25 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Adam Daughterson
>> <adam.daughter...@dothill.com>  wrote:
>>> Checkouts on the local disk do work, and checkouts to Samba shares (not
>>> Windows) work as well.  I've only found operations on WC living on a Windows
>>> share to not work.
>> This is starting to sound like one of those "if it hurts, don't do it"
>> things.  But maybe it's a version-specific samba bug.
>>
> Personally, I blame Windows.  That's not trite at all, is it? ;)
>
> I am all for "not doing it", but the rest of the organization will
> undoubtedly be difficult to convince.

You could try the sqlite3 tool to see if it works on your Windows share:

rm /path/to/share/somefile
strace sqlite3 /path/to/share/somefile "create table foo(text)"

That will use your system SQLite rather than the 3.7.16.2 used by
Subversion.  The next step would be to build 3.7.16.2 and see if that
works.

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*