On 29.01.2014 09:10, Roman Kellner wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are using a MSSCCI to SVN client (PushOk) which in the version 1.7.13 and
> with our project does strange things.
> When opening our IDE SccProjectOpen() is called on the MSSCCI interface.
>
> I do not exactly know what is done on the SVN level, but with the
> SccProjectOpen() call, outdated local copy files get somehow "updated" (which
> they should not). Strangly only the base file and the meta (.svn) data get
> updated but the "real" working copy file remains unchanged, rendering this
> file "locally modified".
> TortoiseSVN (1.7.13-svn1.7.10), used for verification shows outdated before
> and  uptodate but locally modified afterwards.
>
> The only indication I have from PushOk is that it is printing
>
> "
>    :
> "
>
> in its status box.
>
> Does that look familiar to someone?

Nope ...

> Could that be SVN messages from callbacks that are shown here?

Sure, could be; but Subversion doesn't insert the UDS<> stuff. That part
must be coming from PushOK.

> Instead of your projects root folder always UDS<some number> is printed where
> as the <some number> does NOT change for one SccProjectOpen() call but does
> change for a next call.
> Why is the projects root folder replaced?

I'm just guessing, but it looks like they use that as a session
identifier; and the "project root folder" is not being "replaced"; this
looks like a session ID plus relative path /within/ the working copy.

> I searched "subversion and uds" in the internet and found "uds_path" in some
> hits. Generally it looked like a session id to me in the first place.
> What is this UDS<some number>?
> What is a uds_path?
> What stands "uds" for?

It has nothing whatsoever to do with Subvesion. Your guess about what it
means is as good as mine ...

> I know I should ask the PushOk folks about what they are doing in their
> MSSCCI-SVN provider. But communication is basically non-existent (no answers
> for a looong time).

[insert blurb here about not using proprietary tools]

If you're not actually constrained to MSSCCI but can use VAPI instead,
you could try using AnhkSVN.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej | Director of Subversion