Yes, that was the problem. I figured it out a little while ago and posted my findings.

Thanks for your help!
-- Kevin

On 2/24/2014 2:46 PM, Bob Archer wrote:
Are you branching from a point prior to moving your project into the trunk
directory?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Ross [mailto:ke...@familyross.net]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 4:47 PM
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Created branches, tags, and trunk after the fact, MOSTLY works

Hello,

When the project repository was setup, we didn't include branches, tags,
and trunk (oversight on our part).  It wasn't until we decided we wanted to
start branching that we realized this mistake.  So in TortoiseSVN repo-
browser, I created branches, tags, and trunk folders, and from the repo-
browser, moved the existing folders into the trunk folder.

I also then created a branch from a specific revision, and it created the branch
for me.  I've committed changes to the branch (and to the
trunk) without problems.

However, if I try to "svn switch" between trunk and a branch, I get "no
common ancestry" error (which I can override with --ignore-ancestry), which
leads me to believe that I didn't recreate the folder hierarchy correctly.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
-- Kevin