Working on some tools for a development environment that will make use of SVN. There are circumstances where I want to create temporary information of my own, related to checked out versions. Rather than cluttering up the working directory with other special directories and files, I was wondering how safe it might be to make direct use of the ".svn" directory for my own purposes?

Aside from the existing purposed subdirectories - would it be safe to create files in either "tmp", ".svn" proper, or a new subdirectory under ".svn"?

Thanks!

-jrm