This crash happened in TortoiseSVN 1.8.8, which is based on Apache SubVersion
1.8.10, both of which are the latest release versions. It happened on 32-bit
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3. It occurred when I was trying to
view the difference between 2 previous revisions of a file in an SVN repository
that uses the svn+ssh:// protocol, on SourceForge. I get this crash very often
in TortoiseSVN 1.8.8 and the error message says to post an email to this email
address. However the error message is exactly the same every time. So I am only
emailing this bug in once even though it keeps happening again and again and
again. Please fix it so I don't have to deal with this annoying bug anymore. I
think the error message itself,

In file

'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.8.8\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c'
 line 8731: assertion failed (svn_dirent_is_absolute(local_abspath)),

that error message ought to be more than enough for you to figure out what went
wrong, it says exactly what line of source code has the error, line 8731 of
wc_db.c, and it says what the error is too. Anyway I get this error ALL THE
TIME now so please fix it.

Also maybe you should have Apache SubVersion automatically report crash reports
to https://drdump.com/ the way TortoiseSVN does so that users like me don't
have to manually email these crash reports in and so you can get an accurate
count of how often the crashes actually occur. Drdump.com is the new name for
crash-server.com, anyway an explanation of it is on the TortoiseSVN site here:
http://tortoisesvn.net/crashhandler.html. Automated crash reports would make
the program more stable and allow you to accurately track statistics on each
type of crash to prioritize fixing the most common ones first, and you wouldn't
need people to send in emails of crash reports anymore.
Here is the crash log:

Subversion reported the following
(you can copy the content of this dialog
to the clipboard using Ctrl-C):

In file

'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.8.8\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c'
 line 8731: assertion failed (svn_dirent_is_absolute(local_abspath))
OK

Thanks,
Rich McGrew, open-source programmer