On Friday, September 12, 2014 01:07:53 pm Ben Reser wrote:
> On 9/12/14 12:16 PM, Alexey Neyman wrote:
> > I did a bit of bisection, and it turns out that 1.8.0 was working
> > properly, but 1.8.1 and higher all segfault as described above.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
>
> With the WANdisco builds or any builds?  The only differences between 1.8.0
> and 1.8.1 that impacts the Perl bindings in any way was shutting up a
> bunch of compiler warnings about the _ symbol (which Perl defines in their
> header files and SVN also uses internally for different purposes) and a
> bunch of documentation changes.  Neither of which should have any
> functional difference.
>
> If you're seeing this with the WANdisco builds I think this is something
> wrong with those builds, which has been my inclination in looking into
> this.

I cannot try stock CentOS, as they don't have 1.8.x available.

I did try building and installing 1.8.10 from source on the same machine, and
it works fine. So, it doesn't look like a version-specific issue - rather,
like a build environment issue for WANdisco subversion-perl RPMs.

Is it possible that the build environment changed between 1.8.0 and 1.8.1?

Regards,
Alexey.